Digital Disruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Haunter
Admin
Haunter

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D Empty
PostSubject: G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D   G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:46 am

Only one month from it's scheduled release G.I. Joe: Retaliation has been pushed into 2013. As someone that doesn't even want to see the movie in 3D I'm personally not all that psyched about this decision, but there's still Prometheus next month.
Quote :
The sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation was supposed to come out GI Joe Retaliation Release Datethis summer on June 29th. But I’ve learned that Paramount is moving the movie nine months to March 29, 2013, to add 3D. “We’re going to do a conscientious 3D job because we’ve seen how it can better box office internationally,” one of the studio execs just told me. “Jim Cameron did all of Titanic‘s 3D in post — and look how well that movie turned out.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Super Bowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2. Paramount has had luck delaying films before: its decision to move Martin Scorsese’s Shutter Island gave the director his biggest box office hit ever. And right now, 3D is huge internationally, with Russia and China building new 3D theaters by the week. Also the execs say that the blockbuster performance of The Hunger Games shows that March can be a prime time of the year to release movies. Of course, Paramount had to talk its partners on GI Joe 2 into the extra nine months of carrying costs – MGM, which has 25%, and David Ellison’s Skydance, which has another 25%.
Source
Back to top Go down
https://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net
Gold_Faux

Gold_Faux

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D   G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:21 am

They also postponed it to film more scenes with Channing Tatum because test audiences, while they loved the film, were not happy with Duke not getting much screen time before dying.
Back to top Go down
Haunter
Admin
Haunter

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D   G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:26 am

Gotta love how they wouldn't be upset he died, just he didn't get enough time before
Back to top Go down
https://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net
Gold_Faux

Gold_Faux

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D   G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 am

Maybe the female audience members just wanted some more eye candy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D   G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed to 2013 For 3D
Page 1 of 1