Digital Disruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OscarxGrind

OscarxGrind

Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation Empty
PostSubject: Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation   Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:10 pm

"Paramount Pictures bought the film rights to Without Remorse soon after the novel was released. There were several attempts to start work on the film, but it was always dropped soon after, along with attempts to adapt Clancy's hit novel Rainbow Six into a film. Without Remorse is currently in development with no release date set. According to Deadline, Paramount is courting Tom Hardy into playing the lead role of John Kelly. Christopher McQuarrie is in talks to direct as well as co-write the screenplay with Shawn Ryan and Stuart Beattie. Actor Kevin Costner is also rumored to portray William Harper.[1]"

If he agrees, this would be a monumental role for the guy. I mean, obviously, he's already a well established actor with many great feats under his belt, but this is a really fucked up dude (the character). As someone who has read the book, it's not quite like Tom Clancy's other work. This is much more human in essence, while there is much bloodshed, filled with raw emotion.

This is also a pretty brutal story: hookers get beaten to death, drug dealers are brutally executed (i.e. a scene in which the protagonist, John Kelly, imbeds a blade into the back of a teenager's head.)

The brutality is quite powerful, and to my knowledge, I've seen Hardy in two other roles like this: Outlaws and TDKR.

If there is one thing that Tom has mastered, it is having the finesse of a trained killer. That prowess, it is within him. The protagonist we have here is cold, calculated, emotionless throughout, except when dealing with those whom he deems innocents.

Once he gets it into his mind (John Kelly) that these men who have wronged him, once he has decided that they NEED to die, he becomes an animal a part from man. He is no longer a human being, but instead a destroyer, a malevolent force for which there is no equal. He's silently tortured, outwardly human - prone to mistakes, to ego. Sometimes entirely devoid of reason.

Hardy has done some great work - Warrior, Bronson, Inception, Outlaws, so on. I feel like this would be a great role to latch on to his belt of victories.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_Remorse#Film.2C_television.2C_or_theatrical_adaptations
Back to top Go down
Haunter
Admin
Haunter

Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation   Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:02 am

Honestly there aren't many things I wouldn't like to see Tom Hardy play, and dark/grittier roles are no exception.
Back to top Go down
https://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net

Why I'd like to see Tom Hardy play John Kelly in Without Remorse film adaptation
Page 1 of 1