Digital Disruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sam Raimi Not Interested In The Oz Sequel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haunter
Admin
Haunter

Sam Raimi Not Interested In The Oz Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Sam Raimi Not Interested In The Oz Sequel   Sam Raimi Not Interested In The Oz Sequel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Quote :
Variety reports that the studio has commissioned Mitchell Kapner to write a follow-up to the Sam Raimi picture. He co-wrote the first film with David Lindsay-Abaire.

There's no info yet on what the film will be about, but as the trade paper notes, Kapner can utilize L. Frank Baum’s novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. That book is in the public domain, and is the basis of the classic 1939 Judy Garland film. That said, the sequel will not be able to use any of the concepts that originated while making the Warner Bros. picture -- including the famed ruby slippers.

No word yet on a release date, though Disney is said to be moving fast on this one.

UPDATE: In a recent interview with Bleeding Cool, Raimi indicated that he would not be involved in the sequel. "I haven’t planned on directing the sequel," the director said. "I did leave some loose ends for another director if they want to make the picture. I tried to make it a complete ending, so that the audience would be fulfilled, but I also let Evenora and Theodora get away. I was attracted to this story but I don’t think the second one would have the thing I would need to get me interested."

It should be noted that this interview was conducted last weekend, and things may possibly change in the weeks to come.
Source
Back to top Go down
https://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net

Sam Raimi Not Interested In The Oz Sequel
Page 1 of 1