Posts : 910
Join date : 2012-05-09
|Subject: Underoath Announce Break Up Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 am|| |
- Quote :
- Christian metalcore giants Underoath have just announced that they will be disbanding.
"It's sad to say that we feel like it's time to close this chapter, but we have never seen things more clearly," says vocalist Spencer Chamberlain. "These have been the best years of my entire life, and I owe that to every single person who ever supported this band along the way. This wasn't a quick decision by any means. It's just time for us to move on."
The Tampa, Florida-based group released seven albums in total – including the Gold-certified mid-2000s releases They're Only Chasing Safety and Define the Great Line – that collectively yielded Grammy and Dove Award nominations and total sales in excess of 1.3 million units.
To celebrate their legacy together, Underoath will be releasing a career-spanning retrospective album called Anthology 1999-2012 and going out on the road together one last time for a farewell tour. Hitting stores on Nov. 6 via Solid State Records, the album will also include two newly recorded tracks, "Sunburnt" and "Unsound." Underoath will be announcing dates for their farewell tour next week.
Anthology 1999-2013 tracklisting:
3. In Division
4. Catch Myself Catching Myself
5. Paper Lung
6. Desperate Times, Desperate Measures
7. Too Bright To See, Too Loud To Hear
8. In Regards To Myself
9. You're Ever So Inviting
10. Writing On The Walls
11. A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black And White
12. Reinventing Your Exit
13. It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door
14. I've Got Ten Friends And A Crowbar That Says You Ain't Gonna Do Jack
15. When The Sun Sleeps
16. Cries Of The Past
17. Heart Of Stone