Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Xbox 720 Document Leak?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haunter
Admin

PostSubject: Xbox 720 Document Leak?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 am

Quote :
A massive 56 page document was leaked online, detailing Microsoft’s next generation Xbox, with a 2013 release date attached to it, dubbing it “Xbox 720″. Along with many improvements on things that the current Xbox 360 has, like a better dashboard, Xbox TV Apps, and SmartGlass, they are looking to add new things. Labeled “Project Fortaleza”, Microsoft covers a new piece of Kinect technology, the “Forteleza” Kinect Glasses. Not much is covered as in hardware, but drawings show what looks like an augmented reality kind of system, similar to what Google already has. Unfortunately, if everything is correct, they wouldn’t be released along side the new Xbox, marked as a 2014 product.

Kinect 2 is also covered, siting four player support, stereo imaging, higher accuracy, improved voice recognition, dedicated hardware, processing, and improved RGB camera. That’s a long list of things that, some of them being massive complaints that fans and gamers have reported. A note along one of the sides dictates: “”In Kinect v2 we can continue to go beyond controllers and offer peripherals and accessories that heighten game immersion.”

There is a long list of things mentioned in the document, including the following:

Blu-ray support
Native 3D output and glasses
Concurrent apps
True 1080p output
Backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 titles

If you want your own copy of the document, head over to Scribd to download it and cycle through the massive data.
Source
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net
OscarxGrind

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 Document Leak?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 am

Well color me excited. Hopefully the backwards compatible bit is true. Even though I probably won't get the system till like a year after it's already been out like in 2015 or some shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haunter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 Document Leak?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:28 am

Although I do feel compelled to get it as soon as I could (depending on launch titles) I do have to admit I'm a little worried after seeing the 360 launch consoles. Not to mention these days consoles are constantly being updated on top of that
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 Document Leak?   

Back to top Go down

Xbox 720 Document Leak?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digital Disruption :: Xbox :: Xbox Discussion-
Jump to: