Digital Disruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EA 'Destroying' Gaming Says Notch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haunter
Admin
Haunter

EA 'Destroying' Gaming Says Notch  Empty
PostSubject: EA 'Destroying' Gaming Says Notch    EA 'Destroying' Gaming Says Notch  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:31 am

Quote :
FIFA, Battlefield, and Mass Effect publisher Electronic Arts is "destroying" gaming, according to Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson.

Persson sounded off today via his Twitter feed about EA's newly launched Indie Bundle, which is presently available on Steam. Notch said, "EA releases an "indie bundle"? That's not how that works, EA. Stop attempting to ruin everything, you bunch of cynical bastards."

Persson later said his studio, Mojang, is no longer indie (something he had alluded to earlier) and offered a more damning take on EA.

"Indies are saving gaming. EA is methodically destroying it," he said.

[UPDATE] After the publication of this story, Persson dispatched a tweet of clarification. He wrote, "I got into trouble on the interwebs again! The games in the bundle are good, I'm not questioning them. I'm questioning EA."

Persson is not the first to speak out publicly against EA. Earlier this year, readers of consumer affairs blog The Consumerist named EA the "worst company in America," following more than 250,000 votes.

The EA Indie Bundle in reference launched this week on Steam and includes DeathSpank, DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue, Gatling Gears, Shank, Shank 2, and Warp for $20.98. The offer expires on May 9.

Source
Back to top Go down
https://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net

EA 'Destroying' Gaming Says Notch
Page 1 of 1