Digital Disruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DayZ Creator Lashes Out At The War Z On Reddit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haunter
Admin
Haunter

DayZ Creator Lashes Out At The War Z On Reddit Empty
PostSubject: DayZ Creator Lashes Out At The War Z On Reddit   DayZ Creator Lashes Out At The War Z On Reddit Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 am

Quote :
Dean Hall, who created the phenomenal open-world zombie Arma 2 mode DayZ, has harsh words for the competing (and similar) game The War Z.

In an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit, Dean commented:

"I am angry about the WarZ. I'm very angry. I'm quite hurt personally because anyone can see how similar the words are, and while the average gamer knows the difference individual people don't. I've had family members/close friends mistake the difference and confront me about what they believed was unethical behavior they thought I was making. I really don't think anyone can understand just quite how exasperated that can make you feel when you've gambled everything on something, put your whole self and reputation on the line. So it hasn't made my life very pleasant and I disagree entirely with the conduct and how consumers have been treated.

I think the word "scam" is such a loaded word that isn't really relevant in the discussion, much like the word "terrorist" is a very loaded word and very much dependent on point of view."

He also suggested that he's been receiving complaints from people who have confused The War Z -- which had such a troubled launch on Steam that it was pulled from the site, forcing the creator issue a public apology -- with DayZ.
Source
Back to top Go down
https://digitaldisruption.forumotion.net

DayZ Creator Lashes Out At The War Z On Reddit
Page 1 of 1